Terms of Sale and Use
FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP SAUDI ARABIA 2023™
Effective from September 2023.
Purpose and applicability of these Ticket Terms of Sale and Use
These Ticket Terms of Sale and Use (“Terms of Sale and Use”) govern and apply to the purchase, distribution, and use of any official ticket (“Ticket”) for an official match (“Match) of the FIFA Club World Cup Saudi Arabia 2023™ (“Competition”), organised by Fédération Internationale de Football Association (“FIFA”) and Saudi Arabian Football Federation, being the local organising committee of the Competition (“LOC”).
FIFA is the sole and exclusive owner of the Competition and of all commercial and intellectual property rights. FIFA has delegated the ticketing rights to the LOC to manage the ticketing operation of the Competition.
A Ticket may only be used by a person who purchases a Ticket (“Ticket Purchaser”) directly from Hala Yalla (“Hala Yalla”), being the entity designated by the LOC to be in charge for the ticketing operations, which includes but is not limited to ticket sales and operations, ticketing website, ticket booking, etc.
By accepting, purchasing, or using a Ticket, a Ticket Holder unconditionally and irrevocably agrees to be legally bound by and comply with these Terms of Sale and Use, the rules and regulations governing behaviour and prohibited items applicable to each Stadium (“Stadium Code of Conduct”) at all times. “Ticket Holder” shall mean each Ticket Purchaser and each individual to whom the Ticket Purchaser validly distributes their Tickets.
Tickets can only be purchased at fifa.com/tickets. Ticket Purchaser will be redirected to Hala Yalla website (“Ticketing Website”) to complete their purchase. FIFA, LOC and Hala Yalla are not responsible for Tickets purchased outside the Ticketing Website.
Ticket Purchaser may only register one email address to purchase a maximum of five (5) Tickets per transaction. Ticket purchase limits are subject to change at any time.
The Ticket Purchaser can buy Ticket(s) by following the steps set out on the Ticketing Website (“Ticket Purchase”). The Ticket Purchaser is solely responsible for providing complete and accurate information in their Ticket Purchase.
At the time of buying a Ticket, the Ticket Purchaser must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and must otherwise have full capacity to enter into a legally binding contract.
Hala Yalla is the only authorised Ticket seller for the purpose of the Competition. The LOC strongly recommends to only purchase Tickets from the authorised Ticket seller.
All Ticket prices are quoted in Saudi Riyals and are exclusive of applicable taxes.
Additional taxes, fees, such as administration fees, may apply by Hala Yalla to the Ticket Purchase depending on the specific Ticket being purchased. If such additional fees do apply, they will be communicated to the Ticket Purchaser by Hala Yalla prior to completion of the Ticket Purchase.
Ticket prices do not include bank charges and/or currency exchange fees which may be applied to the Ticket Purchase depending on the Ticket Purchaser payment card and/or method of payment. Any such third-party fees shall be solely borne by the Ticket Purchaser.
Once the Ticket Purchaser receives a dedicated confirmation of the transaction following successful payment of the Ticket(s) (“Ticket Confirmation”), Ticket Purchaser agrees to comply and be bound by any applicable laws and regulations which govern the use of the Ticket(s).
Each Ticket Holder is responsible, at their own cost, for arranging and securing their own travel and entry into and out of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ( “Host Country” ). A Ticket Holder may be required to apply for and obtain a visa or other forms of permission from the relevant Host Country or other governmental authorities to travel to the Host Country. If a Ticket Holder fails to obtain the requisite permissions from the Host Country or other governmental authorities, the Ticket Holder is not entitled to any form of compensation from FIFA, LOC, Halla Yalla or any of the Released Parties.
Each Ticket will be assigned to a specific seat in the Stadium within the seating category to which the Ticket applies (e.g Category 1, Category 2, etc.) (“Seat Location”). LOC or the relevant stadium authorities may determine and change the Seat Location for a given Ticket at any time, including after a Ticket has been purchased and on the date of the Match, provided that the new Seat Location is in the same seating category, or a seating category associated with a higher Ticket face value. A Ticket Holder may only sit in the Seat Location assigned to their Ticket unless otherwise instructed by LOC or the relevant stadium authorities. Views of the field of play may be obstructed from certain seats. LOC makes no representations, warranties or guarantees of any kind that the Seat Location will give a Ticket Holder uninterrupted or uninhibited view of the Match.
The Ticket is valid for one person only and no re-entry will be allowed. Every person wishing to attend a Match needs their own Ticket, irrespective of their age. Persons under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times whist in the Stadium and its surrounding areas. Parents or legal guardians of any minor under the age of 18 using a Ticket are responsible for the conduct of the minor at all times-
Accessibility Tickets include one companion and will have dedicated access for accessibility seats. If there is misuse of the accessibility Ticket, the Ticket is no longer valid.
The Ticket is non-refundable and non-exchangeable under the terms set out in clause 4.11, and is for personal use only.
The Ticket must be produced by the Ticket Holder at the time of entry into the stadium. The entry gates will open approximately two (2) hours before the start of the Match or such other time as may be advised/published in respect of the Match.
Ticket Holders are responsible for arranging, at their own cost, transportation to and from the stadium as well as any accommodation that they may require. Ticket Holders acknowledge that transportation between stadium and/or accommodation is subject to delays and that it may be difficult or impossible for a Ticket Holder to attend multiple Matches held on the same day.
LOC can confiscate a Ticket from a Ticket Holder if there are any intentions to resell it or attempts to resell it at a price above face value. LOC is not obliged to admit to the Match any person holding a damaged or split Ticket, or whose Ticket has been lost, stolen or duplicated. If any Ticket Holder fails to produce a valid ticket on demand or does not comply with these Terms of Sale and Use, LOC may refuse to admit any Ticket Holder or ask Ticket Holder to leave the Match. Ticket Holder will not be readmitted. No refunds or compensation will be paid to Ticket Holder or any third parties if LOC refuses to admit Ticket Holder or removes Ticket Holder from the stadium.
Except as expressly authorised in writing by LOC, or as permitted by these Terms of Sale and Use, Ticket Holders shall not, whether physically or online, offer for sale, sell, offer at auctions, give away or otherwise transfer (“Transfer”) or attempt to Transfer, or engage a third party to facilitate or solicit offers for the Transfer of their Tickets under any circumstances, including any use or attempted use of Tickets for promotions, incentive programmes, sweepstakes, contests, giveaways or raffles or as part of hotel, flight, hospitality or travel packages. Unless otherwise provided under applicable laws, Tickets that have been impermissibly transferred may be declared invalid by LOC and may be cancelled at any time without notice. Tickets may also not be used for any advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes without LOC express prior written authorisation.
LOC may, but has no obligation to, permit a Ticket Purchaser to resell their Tickets on a resale platform authorised by LOC, subject to any resale terms determined by the LOC, which may include a resale fee. If the LOC decides to authorise the resale of Tickets on an authorised resale platform, the LOC will provide information about the resale process, platform and terms of the Ticketing Website. Any other unauthorised resale channel may attract criminal fines penalties.
Delivery or Collection of Tickets.
Once the Ticket Purchase is completed, the Ticket Holder will receive a confirmation email.
The Ticket Holder must present a valid Ticket to get access to the stadium, in an authorised form distributed by Hala Yalla, at the designated stadium access point(s).
LOC and Hala Yalla have the right to determine, at their sole discretion, what form of Ticket is required to enter a stadium (e.g. print-at-home ticket, mobile ticket, paper ticket etc.). Only Tickets issued in the form designated by Hala Yalla will grant access to the stadium. No other confirmations, screenshots or any other communications from LOC or Hala Yalla will be deemed a valid substitute for a Ticket.
Ticket holders must bring and present genuine, valid ID/Passport/ Driver’s License/Student Card when at gate entrance. (Name must match the one registered during the Ticket Purchase).
Ticket exchanges represented by other people must bring a letter of attorney as well as a photocopy/scan/photo of ID matching the name printed on the Ticket.
FIFA, LOC and Hala Yalla are not responsible for the loss of any Tickets.
Ticket Holder agrees to comply with the Stadium Code of Conduct and to comply with the conditions of entry at the stadium. The latest and effective version of the Stadium Code of Conduct is available on the Ticketing Website.
Ticket Holder must not bring into the stadium, including but not limited to, any of the following prohibited items:
a) Alcohol, food and beverages (except baby food or for medical reasons e.g., diabetes);
b) Bottle, any type of container, tins or cans;
c) Large umbrella (size exceeding 40cm x 30cm x 30cm and which can't be stored under a seat)
d) Chairs or other furniture;
e) Flag poles, any other stick or rod;
f) Professional camera or camera with an interchangeable lens, computers or other recording equipment, or selfie sticks;
g) Animals (including guide dog);
h) Weapons or any item that could be used as a weapon;
i) Fireworks, firecrackers, lighter, flammable items, laser pointers, strobe lights, musical instruments and/or amplification equipment, flares;
j) Bags, motorcycle helmets;
k) Toxic, illegal or hazardous substances;
m) Coins, pen, earphone or headphone;
n) Any article to be used for a commercial or charitable purpose;
o) Any political or religious paraphernalia including, but not limited to, banners, signs, symbols and leaflets;
p) Any other item which LOC or stadium security personnel consider presents a security risk or may be used to damage the stadium or interfere with the Match or affect the experience of other Match attendees.
The full list of prohibited items is contained in the full version of the Stadium Code of Conduct, available on the Ticketing Website and must be complied with by all Ticket Holders.
To use a Ticket to attend a Match, a Ticket Holder must consent to their person and belongings being searched prior to and/or after entry into the stadium. If a Ticket Holder refuses to consent to such searches, or if they are found to have any prohibited or restricted items listed in the stadium Code of Conduct in their possession, the Ticket Holder may be refused entry into, or may be required to leave, the stadium without any refund or compensation.
The teams playing in a Match are subject to change without notice. No specific players or other individuals are guaranteed to play or otherwise participate in a given Match.
The duration or a Match is not guaranteed, and a Match may be cancelled, relocated, stopped prematurely, interrupted or replayed in its entirety for any reasons that FIFA and/or the LOC consider appropriate or due to events beyond LOC’s reasonable control.
Cancellation, Rescheduling, Relocation and Replay of Matches
Cancellation. A Match is cancelled if FIFA and/or LOC determines that a Match will not be played as originally scheduled and there is no intention at the time of cancellation of rescheduling the Match. FIFA has the right to cancel a Match at any time for any reason, including due to events beyond FIFA’s reasonable control. Upon cancellation of a Match, all Tickets for such Match shall automatically be cancelled. Hala Yalla will notify the Ticket Purchaser by email that a Match has been cancelled. The Ticket Purchaser is responsible for notifying any associated Ticket Holders that the Match has been cancelled.
Rescheduling. A Match is rescheduled if FIFA and/or LOC determines that a Match will not be played on the date and/or time originally scheduled, and it is intended to hold the Match at a new date and/or time. FIFA has the right to reschedule a Match at any time for any reason, including due to events beyond FIFA’s reasonable control. If a Match is rescheduled, FIFA and LOC may determine at their sole discretion and on a Ticket-by-Ticket basis whether a Ticket for the originally scheduled Match will remain valid for the rescheduled Match, whether a new Ticket will be issued to the Ticket Purchaser for the rescheduled Match, or whether a Ticket for the originally scheduled Match will be cancelled. Hala Yalla will notify the Ticket Purchaser by email that a Match has been rescheduled and whether some or all of the Tickets purchased or otherwise received by the Ticket Purchaser have been cancelled. The Ticket Purchaser is responsible for notifying any associated Ticket Holders that the Match has been rescheduled.
Relocation. A Match is relocated if FIFA and/or LOC changes the location of the stadium in which the Match will be played, irrespective of whether the Match is also rescheduled in connection with the stadium change. FIFA has the right to relocate a Match at any time for any reason, including due to events beyond FIFA’s reasonable control. If a Match is relocated, FIFA and LOC may determine at their sole discretion and on a Ticket-by-Ticket basis whether a Ticket for the originally located Match will remain valid for the relocated Match, whether a new Ticket will be issued to the Ticket Purchaser for the relocated Match, or whether a Ticket for the originally located Match will be cancelled. Hala Yalla will notify the Ticket Purchaser by email that a Match has been relocated and whether some or all of the Tickets purchased or otherwise received by the Ticket Purchaser have been cancelled. The Ticket Purchaser is responsible for notifying any associated Ticket Holders that the Match has been relocated.
Replay. A Match is replayed if FIFA and/or LOC decides to replay a completed or partially-completed Match. FIFA has the right to replay a completed or partially-completed Match at any time for any reason, including due to events beyond FIFA’s reasonable control, without any notification. A replayed Match is considered a new Match and Tickets issued for the original Match are not valid for the replayed Match.
Proof of purchase will be required, before entitlement to any refund will be assessed. No other Ticket Holder is entitled to a refund or any other compensation, under any circumstances, including (without limitation) in connection with the use, attempted use or cancellation of a Ticket or the cancellation, rescheduling, relocation or replay of a Match.
The amount of any refund will be based on the original price minus any administration fees paid as part of the Ticket Purchase.
The Ticket Purchaser shall be entitled to a refund equal to the original price of the Ticket minus any administration fees paid as part of the Ticket Purchase if:
(i) A Match has been cancelled, postponed or relocated.
(ii) LOC is required to reduce stadium capacity as a result of safety, security, technical, health or other reasons FIFA and LOC consider appropriate.
In all other cases, including where LOC or Hala Yalla cancels a Ticket due to a breach of these Terms of Sale and Use, the Stadium Code of Conduct or any applicable laws, the Ticket Purchaser shall not be entitled to a refund or any other form of compensation.
If Ticket Purchaser is entitled to a refund, Hala Yalla will process a refund of the prescribed amount in the currency of purchase within 30-45 days following the date on which the entitlement to the refund arose. If the Ticket Purchaser purchased the Ticket by payment card, Hala Yalla will process the refund to the same payment card.
By buying a Ticket, Ticket Purchaser authorised Hala Yalla to processing personal data in limited, specific, and transparent way in accordance with the purposes of personal data processing, which includes obtaining and collecting activities, processing and analysing, keeping, correcting and updating, displaying, announcements, transfer, distributing or disclosing and/or removing or destructing personal data. When processing personal data, Hala Yalla shall adhere to the applicable laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Hala Yalla as a personal data controller is obliged to ensure the rights of the Ticket Purchaser in relation to personal data and to process personal data accurately, completely, not mis-leading, up-to -date, accountable and protect the security of personal data.
Ticket Purchasers and Ticket Holders acknowledge and agree that their personal data may be processed by Hala Yalla, FIFA and the LOC outside of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or the jurisdiction in which the Ticket Purchaser or Ticket Holder resides.
Image, Likeness Release and Event Content Licence
By using a Ticket to attend the Competition, each Ticket Holder grants FIFA and any third party authorised by FIFA the unrestricted right and licence to use worldwide and in perpetuity the Ticket Holder’s image, likeness, actions, name, voice and statements in connection with any live or delayed broadcast or other transmission or reproduction of the Competition, in whole or in part, by means of any media existing now or in the future, for any purpose and without compensation, consideration or notification. Each Ticket Holder waives in advance all rights and actions seeking to oppose such use.
Ticket Holders are strictly prohibited from conducting any activities in or around the Stadium, on behalf of themselves or any third parties which, in LOC’s opinion, may directly or indirectly create a commercial association between (on the one hand) the Ticket Holder or a third party and (on the other hand) LOC, FIFA, the Competition (or any part of it) or FIFA’s commercial affiliates without the authorisation of FIFA/LOC, whether by way of an unauthorised use of logos or otherwise (“Ambush Marketing”). Ambush Marketing includes, without limitation, marketing, sales, product or sample distribution as well as any promotional or advertising activities of any kind, including wearing, possessing or holding promotional or commercial items without the authorisation of FIFA/LOC. Such items may be confiscated by FIFA/LOC or stadium authorities without compensation to the Ticket Holder.
Any photographs, sounds, videos, other audio, visual or audio-visual material, accounts or descriptions of any Match (such as text, data or imagery) or any other content relating to the Competition which is captured or produced by a Ticket Holder whilst attending the stadium (“Event Content”) may only be captured or produced with equipment that is permitted to be brought into the stadium under the Stadium Code of Conduct and must only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes.
Each Ticket Holder hereby grants to FIFA a worldwide, perpetual, royalty free, irrevocable licence to use and exploit their Event Content (including all copyright, database rights and any other intellectual property rights relating thereto) for any purpose whatsoever. The licence granted to FIFA herein shall be exclusive, save in respect of any Event Content used solely by the Ticket Holder for personal, non-commercial purposes, in which case the licence shall be non-exclusive.
Infections Disease Safety Precautions and Protocols
In order to attempt to reduce the spread of or the risk of contracting certain infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, LOC may adopt rules and protocols that a Ticket Holder must agree to abide by in order to attend a Match. Hala Yalla and/or LOC will notify Ticket Purchasers by email of any such rules and protocols. Each Ticket Purchaser shall be responsible for notifying any associated Ticket Holders of such rules and protocols. Due to the evolving understanding about appropriate and effective methods to reduce the risk of spreading or contracting certain infectious diseases, including COVID-19, such rules and protocols may only be provided to Ticket Purchasers shortly before a Match and may be subject to change.
Ticket Holders may also be required to adhere to health and safety rules and protocols imposed by local authorities of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia aimed at reducing the spread of or the risk of contracting certain infectious diseases, such as COVID-19.
Tickets Holders will not be entitled to any refunds or other form of compensation if they are unable or unwilling to abide by any such rules and protocols imposed by FIFA or any local authority of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Assumption of Risk, Waiver and Release of Liability
EACH TICKET HOLDER ACKNOWLEDGES AND VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES ALL RISKS RELATED TO ATTENDING A MATCH AT A STADIUM AND PARTAKING IN ANY EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES IN AND AROUND THE STADIUM, INCLUDING THE RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY (INCLUDING TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT DISABILITY OR DEATH), THE RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COMMUNICABLE DISEASES, VIRUSES, BACTERIA OR ILLNESSES OR THE CAUSES THEREOF, SICKNESS, LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED PROPERTY, LOUD MUSIC, FLASHING LIGHTS AND FIREWORKS, TEMPERATURE AND WEATHER CONDITIONS, OFFENSIVE, VULGAR OR OBSCENE LANGUAGE OR MATERIALS, THE ACTIONS OR INACTIONS (INCLUDING NEGLIGENT ACTIONS OR INACTIONS) OF OTHER PERSONS WITHIN AND AROUND THE STADIUM. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER THE APPLICABLE LAW, EACH TICKET HOLDER HEREBY WAIVES ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO SUCH RISKS.
AN INHERENT RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 EXISTS IN ANY PUBLIC PLACE WHERE PEOPLE ARE PRESENT, INCLUDING STADIUM PROPERTY. COVID-19 IS AN EXTREMELY CONTAGIOUS DISEASE THAT CAN LEAD TO SEVERE ILLNESS, TEMPORARY AND PERMANENT DISABILITY, AND DEATH. PRE-EXISTING RISK FACTORS SUCH AS UNDERLYING MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND ADVANCED AGE MAY MAKE CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS PARTICULARLY VULNERABLE. BY ENTERING STADIUM PROPERTY, A TICKET HOLDER VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES ALL RISKS RELATED TO EXPOSURE TO COVID-19.
To the maximum extent permitted under the applicable law, each Ticket Holder fully, irrevocably and unconditionally releases FIFA, LOC and Hala Yalla and all of their affiliated entities, the owner and operator of any stadium, and the officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, elected and appointed officials of each of the foregoing entities (“Released Parties”) from any and all claims that the Ticket Holder may have against any of the Released Parties that relate to any of the risks described in Clauses 13.1 and 13.2 above, whether caused by any action, inaction or the active or passive negligence of any Released Party or otherwise.
Each Ticket Holder consents to receiving medical treatment that may be deemed advisable or necessary in the event of an injury, accident or illness suffered by the Ticket Holder whilst attending a Match, and fully releases the Released Parties from any and all liability resulting from taking such action.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnification.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER THE APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS OF SALE AND USE TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER THE APPLICABLE LAW, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF ANY RELEASED PARTY TO A TICKET HOLDER SHALL NOT EXCEED THE FACE VALUE OF THE TICKET.
Notwithstanding any other right set out in these Terms of Sale and Use, FIFA, LOC and Hala Yalla and any of its affiliated entities reserve the right to take any further action against the Ticket Purchaser they consider appropriate as a result of the unauthorised and/or illegal use of Tickets, including the right to file for criminal charges or to seek additional compensation for damages suffered including loss of profits.
indemnifies and holds harmless FIFA, LOC and Hala Yalla and any of its affiliated entities, including their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, elected and appointed officials for any loss suffered by them resulting therefrom.
These Terms of Sale and Use may be modified or revised by LOC at any time by providing an updated version on the Ticketing Website. Ticket Purchasers should visit the Ticketing Website periodically to review the latest version of these Terms of Sale and Use.
Although these Terms of Sale and Use may be distributed in multiple languages, the English version shall prevail in the event of any dispute or in the event of any conflict or ambiguity between the different versions.
If any portion of these Terms of Sale and Use is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a competent court, the invalid, illegal or unenforceable terms shall be severed from these Terms of Sale and Use and the remainder of these Terms of Sale and Use shall remain in effect.
For general queries or any other information requests relating to Tickets, Ticket Purchaser may contact Hala Yalla at https://halayalla.com/sa-en/contact
Place of Jurisdictions and Governing Laws
These Terms of Sale and Use and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection therewith (each, a “Dispute”) shall be, subject to Clause 16.3 below, governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Hala Yalla and the Ticket Holder each acknowledge that, to the extent that a Ticket Holder is acting as a consumer, certain mandatory provisions of the law of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia may apply.
In the event of a Dispute between Hala Yalla and the Ticket Purchaser over the application of these Terms of Sale and Use, this may be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
By accepting these Terms of Sale and Use, the Ticket Purchaser agrees to submit the Dispute to the jurisdiction Hala Yalla may determine.
Stadium Code of Conduct
Effective from December 2023
- Purpose of this Stadium Code of Conduct
- This Stadium Code of Conduct (“Stadium Code of Conduct”) has been adopted by Fédération Internationale de Football Association ("FIFA") and Saudi Arabian Football Federation, who is the local organising committee (“LOC”) of the FIFA Club World Cup 2023™ (“Competition”) and applies to all matches (each a “Match”) of the Competition.
- This Stadium Code of Conduct applies to all areas of a stadium used in connection with the Competition, including the stadium building and surrounding premises, facilities, spaces, entrances and exits (“Stadium”) to which a valid Competition Match ticket (“Ticket”) or accreditation device (“Accreditation”) is required for entry.
- Each person possessing a Ticket (“Ticket Holder”) agrees to comply with the Stadium Code of Conduct and to comply with the conditions of entry at the Stadium. Any person granted access to the Stadium by an Accreditation (“Accredited Person”) must also adhere to this Stadium Code of Conduct to the extent it does not conflict with their official duties as an Accredited Person.
- Throughout the period that a Ticket or Accreditation is required to enter the Stadium, this Stadium Code of Conduct replaces any other rules or regulations of the same or similar subject matter which may be applicable to the Stadium during other periods.
- This Stadium Code of Conduct may be enforced by FIFA, LOC and the respective Stadium management, including their officers, employees, representatives, volunteers, security personnel, stewards and administrators (collectively the “Event Organisers”) as well as any public authorities in charge of safety, security and public order at the Stadium including police or other applicable law-enforcement and emergency services officials.
- In cases where it is considered necessary in order to prevent, limit or eliminate any risk of death or personal injury, or damage to property, the Event Organisers, police or other emergency services officials reserve the right to take exceptional measures and/or to give mandatory instructions, which must be followed. During all other times of standard Stadium operations throughout the Competition, all instructions given by security personnel (public or private) must be followed by all Ticket Holders and Accredited Persons.
- FIFA and LOC reserve the right to modify or revise this Stadium Code of Conduct. The latest and effective version is available online at FIFA.com/tickets and will be available at the Stadium on Match days throughout the Competition. In addition, the Event Organisers reserve the right to develop additional policies specific to different categories of Ticket Holder and/or Accredited Person based on prevailing security measures and/or risk assessments.
- It is the responsibility of the Ticket Holder and Accredited Person to ensure that they are aware of and comply with the latest and effective version of the Stadium Code of Conduct and other additional policies described in clause 1.7 above prior to arriving at, and whilst inside, the Stadium.
- Failure to comply with this Stadium Code of Conduct may result in expulsion from the Stadium. Any person that is deemed a security risk by the Event Organisers, police or other emergency services officials may also be subject to civil or criminal fines and penalties.
- Stadium Access
- A Ticket Holder or Accredited Person may only access the Stadium via the entrances indicated on their Ticket or dedicated entrance (for Accredited persons) as otherwise directed by the Event Organisers outside the Stadium. Access to the Stadium is only permitted upon presentation of a valid Ticket, Accreditation and/or any other access device that may be expressly approved by FIFA in writing.
- Tickets will be scanned and verified at the respective access points in the Stadium and will be valid for one person only. Once a Ticket Holder has left the Stadium, they will not be allowed to re-enter.
- Ticket Holders may enter the Stadium no earlier than the time indicated on their respective Ticket, which remains subject to change at the discretion of the Event Organisers. Ticket Holders must promptly exit the Stadium following the conclusion of the Match unless instructed otherwise by the Event Organisers, police or other emergency services officials.
- All persons entering the Stadium must pass through safety and security screening at the point of entry. The Event Organisers are authorised to determine – including through the use of technical aids – whether any person entering the Stadium represents a security risk and/or is in possession of any item prohibited under this Stadium Code of Conduct. Permission to enter, or to remain inside, the Stadium is at the absolute discretion of the Event Organisers.
- Inside the Stadium, Ticket Holders must ensure that their Ticket is available for inspection at the request of the Event Organisers at any time. Accredited Persons must also ensure that their Accreditations are available for inspection at the request of the Event Organisers at any time. Accreditation devices must be worn around the neck with the side identifying the Accredited Person facing outwards.
- To use a Ticket to attend a Match, a Ticket Holder must consent to their person and belongings being searched prior to and/or after entry into the Stadium. If a Ticket Holder refuses to consent to such searches, or if they are found to have any prohibited or restricted items listed in the Stadium Code of Conduct in their possession, the Ticket Holder may be refused entry into, or may be required to leave the Stadium without any refund or compensation.
- Prohibited Items
- The following items are strictly prohibited at all times in the Stadium unless expressly authorised by the Event Organisers, where appropriate, such as in respect of Accredited Persons acting in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions of their Accreditation:
- Firearms and weapons of any kind (including for self-defence), ammunition or components of a firearm, replica firearm or anything capable of firing a projectile gun, offensive weapons or implements such as extendable baton, or any items modified into weapons or replica or imitation weapons piercing or bladed items, knives, cold steel weapons or objects which enable the practice of violence or other threat of violence;
- explosives, explosive devices or materials, detonators and items containing or concealing such prohibited items;
- any other object which could be used as a weapon or instrument, to cut, or to stab, hit or use as a projectile, or any object which could in the opinion of the Event Organisers endanger the safety of others, including large umbrellas (size exceeding 40cm x 30cm x 30cm and which can't be stored under a seat), long and sharp-tipped umbrellas such as golf or beach umbrellas, motorcycle helmets, hard hats and other similar objects;
- work, construction and handyman tools of any kind;
- body protection gear or corsets (unless permitted upon presentation of a medical prescription), including bullet-proof vests and items used in martial arts or extreme sports;
- helmets as well as any other means of disguise or items specifically designed for concealing a person’s identity, except for religious headwear, medical masks and face shields. Any permitted face covering must be removed upon request of the Event Organisers (for example, for the purposes of access and security screening);
- any materials, articles or objects (including self-made items), the use of which can result in the generation of smoke, heat and/or flames including fireworks, flares, pyrotechnics, smoke canisters/bombs and other smoke-emitting articles, compressed and liquefied gases, combustible solids, poisonous or noxious or pungent substances, oxidising substances and organic peroxides;
- hazardous substances including powders, pastes, chemicals, irritants, toxic, substances. radioactive, caustic or corrosive materials and gas cannisters;
- spray paint, paint cans, corrosive and flammable substances, paints or receptacles containing substances that are harmful to health/wellbeing or highly flammable;
- aerosol cylinders, thermos and flasks of any kind;
- bottles, cups, jars, cans or any other form of closed or capped receptacle that may be thrown or cause injury, as well as other objects made of glass or any other breakable material or especially hard packages or hard thermal boxes;
- sports equipment items (excluding clothing) such as inflatable balls, regardless of size, and frisbees;
- other inflated or inflatable items, such as beach balls, balloons;
- bicycles (including folding types), rollerblades, skateboards, or other types of skates or similar, kick scooters and electric scooters.
- large items such as ladders, steps, benches, folding chairs, boxes, cardboard containers, large bags, backpacks, suitcases and sports bags and bags that are not pliable or soft to touch and cannot be placed under seat. ‘Large’ means any objects for which the sum of three dimensions of length, width and height exceeds 75 centimetres and which cannot be stored under a seat in the Stadium exceeding 30cm x 40cm on any two sides;
- significant quantities of cardboard, paper or any rolls of paper;
- any quantities of powdery materials, flour or similar substances (small make up elements, such as compact powder, shadows, blush, lipsticks, glosses and other are permitted);
- Any type of animal
- Cigarette pocket lighters and matches.
Food / Liquids / Consumable Items
- With the exception of hand sanitizers, no larger than 100ml, any liquids containing alcohol, including any alcoholic beverages;
- any other liquids including beverages unless acquired and consumed inside the Stadium, with the exception of (i) baby milk and sterilised water in containers not exceeding 1 litre per child, and (ii) liquids up to 500 ml that are required for medical reasons but only if presented with a medical certificate in English or Arabic and in the presence of the person for whom they are intended Any permitted liquids must be packed in receptacles that are not made out of glass or otherwise in contravention of this Stadium Code of Conduct;.
- food items of any kind, except if acquired inside the Stadium or if they are medically required or for babies or young infants (not exceeding 1 litre per child). Food items required for medical reasons will only be permitted inside the Stadium if presented with a medical certificate in English or Arabic and in the presence of the person for whom they are intended. Any permitted food items must be packed in receptacles that are not made out of glass or otherwise in contravention of this Stadium Code of Conduct;
- drugs, narcotics or stimulants of any kind, except substances necessary for medical reasons if presented with a medical certificate in English or Arabic and in the presence of the person for whom they are intended. Medications that are not prohibited or restricted by Saudi law are permitted in quantities not exceeding a single package of more than 7 different medicines (in any form, including aerosols, drops, syringes, etc.) and must be in factory packaging;
Flags and Political / Offensive / Commercial Items
- any materials, including but not limited to banners, flags, fliers, apparel and other paraphernalia, that are of a political, offensive and/or discriminatory nature, containing wording, symbols or any other attributes aimed at discrimination of any kind against a country, private person or group on account of race, skin colour, ethnic, national or social origin, gender, disability, language, religion, political opinion or any other opinion, birth, wealth or any other status, sexual orientation or on any other grounds;
- flags, banners and posters except those that do not exceed 2 meters x 1.5 meters or unless approved in advance by the Event Organisers in writing, provided in all cases that such flags, banners or posters are made of a non-flammable material, and are not in any other way prohibited under this Stadium Code of Conduct. All such items must be presented at the Stadium entrance with their respective written and signed authorization by the Event Organisers for inspection and final approval;
- flagpoles or banner poles of any kind, with the exception of flexible poles or so-called double poles made from non-flammable plastic that do not exceed 1 metre long and 1 centimetre in diameter and are not otherwise deemed a safety risk by the Event Organisers;
- any promotional or commercial object, apparel or other material including, but not limited to, banners, flags, signs, symbols and flyers or any type of object, material or clothing that, in the opinion of the Event Organisers, are promotional or commercial in nature and the Event Organiser reasonably considers the items are intended for, distributing, hawking, selling, exposing for sale or display for marketing, promotional, or commercial purposes, including newspapers, merchandise or programs; ;
Electronic, Musical and Telecommunication Items
- radio frequency jamming devices, radio-electronic or high frequency devices, or any other devices that may lead to an interruption or failure of broadcasting or IT functionality at the Stadium;
- any musical instruments (mechanical or manual) larger than 120 centimetres in three dimensions that cannot be inspected inside and that cannot be stored under a seat in the Stadium (being 30 cm x 40 cm) or on the Ticket Holder’s lap
- electronic, mechanical or manual devices that produce noise or other excessively loud sounds, such as vuvuzelas, megaphones, whistles, loudspeakers, etc. Heaters for drums are also prohibited. The Event Organisers may require Ticket Holders to stop using devices permitted inside the Stadium if the sound emitting from the respective device interferes with event operations or the enjoyment of other Ticket Holders;
- instruments that emit laser beams, strobe lights, laser pointers or similar light emitting devices;
- any type of television and telecommunication equipment (including professional video cameras) or other professional equipment that is capable of recording sound and video (for the avoidance of doubt personal photo cameras presented with a fixed or detachable lens less than 20cm in actual length are permitted);
- more than one set of extra batteries or rechargeable units for any device which is permitted under this Stadium Code of Conduct. Power bank of any kind are also prohibited;
- any types of mounts for photo and video equipment, such as tripods, monopods and ‘selfie’ sticks;
- drones and any device with the ability to be operated by remote control including toy, aircraft, toy car, toy helicopter, blimp, and any remote crotelles for such devices;
- Binoculars (except if used by partially-sighted Ticket Holders who hold a valid medical certificate in English or Arabic) and other optical magnifying equipment, except photographic camera lenses for non-professional purposes.
- Ticketed spectators may wish to bring flags, banners, and musical instruments or organize a group activity, such as choreographed performances or tifos in support of their team. FIFA refers to these collectively as “fan material”. A digital portal will be available from the 1st of December 2023 on https://fanmaterials.fifa.org to gain approval for such items. Note that the approval process is only required for items that are PROHIBITED. Please review the Prohibited items list included in the Stadium Code of Conduct.
Other Prohibited Items
- Any other objects or items that could be used as a projectile or any other item that could cause harm upon being thrown or may compromise public safety, cause fear, unrest, nuisance, interfere with event operations or the enjoyment of other Ticket Holders and/or harm the Competition's reputation, as determined by the Event Organisers at their absolute discretion. Furthermore, any other item/s that an authorised person considers dangerous, hazardous, and/or illegal or that may be used as a weapon or missile or that may compromise or otherwise interfere with the safety (or pose a hazard to) any person or security at the Stadium.
- Holders of a wheelchair user Ticket (“Wheelchair User Place Ticket Holders”) are required to bring their own wheelchair or mobility scooter in order to access the Stadium. For security and operational reasons, no wheelchairs, mobility scooters or other kinds of seating will be provided to Wheelchair User Place Ticket Holders.
- Inside the Stadium, Wheelchair User Place Ticket Holders are permitted to use manual or electric wheelchairs or mobility scooters with either three or four wheels, a maximum width of 70 centimetres and length of 130 centimetres, a maximum turning radius of 90 centimetres and turning width of 150 centimetres, and a maximum speed of 6 kilometres per hour. For safety and security reasons, wheelchairs or mobility scooters exceeding any of these restrictions are not permitted inside the Stadium.
- The Event Organisers reserve the right to make a final decision on whether any item brought to or into the Stadium is prohibited, which must be respected.
- Behaviour at the Stadium
- Unless expressly authorised by the Event Organisers, where appropriate, in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions of their Accreditation, all persons entering, inside and exiting the Stadium must:
- conduct themselves in a way that does not cause harm, injury, danger, unnecessary obstruction, alarm or discomfort to others, and does not cause any damage to property;
- follow any and all instructions given by the Event Organisers, police or other emergency services officials;
- access only the Stadium areas permitted by their Ticket, or the Stadium areas determined by the function for which they hold an Accreditation, and they must access these areas only by the designated entrance(s), unless instructed otherwise by the relevant Event Organisers;
- vacate their designated or occupied seat if instructed to do so by the relevant Event Organisers on grounds of safety and security;
- dispose of waste correctly, according to the multi-bin system provided at the Stadium; and
- immediately take the necessary steps to inform the Event Organisers, police or other emergency services officials if they are aware of an accident in or immediately surrounding the Stadium or any damage caused to any Stadium property.
- Unless expressly authorised by the Event Organisers, where appropriate, in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions of their Accreditation, all persons entering, inside and exiting the Stadium must NOT:
- bring to, or store at, the Stadium any items prohibited under this Stadium Code of Conduct or any other applicable legislation, regulation, policies and procedures;
- enter the field of play or areas immediately surrounding the field of play;
- throw objects, substances or liquids of any kind, in particular towards another person or in the direction of the field of play or the area surrounding the field of play;
- start a fire, release or throw fireworks, flares, guns, smoke bombs or other smoke devices, pyrotechnic devices, or other devices that produce similar effects;
- restrict, obstruct or block passages, gangways, staircases and streets, entrances and exits to the Stadium, access to seating areas and emergency exits, or obstruct or interfere with open zones to traffic, or otherwise act in a way that could cause crowding in a manner that creates a risk of a stampede or public disturbance;
- access, or facilitate access for others to, areas that are closed to the public or to which access is not authorised to Ticket Holders or under the terms and conditions of Accreditation, such as Stadium operations rooms, VIP rooms, press rooms, etc.;
- promote any violent, intimidating, threatening or damaging behaviour, or behave oneself, or demonstrate tendency to in a violent, indecent, threatening and harmful manner or one that may disturb public order or cause offence to any person;
- act in a manner or conduct that may be perceived as dangerous, provocative, threatening, offensive and/or discriminatory;
- intimidate, bother or harass any other person, including players and officials involved in the Match;
- create or do any act that can pose any threat to life to oneself or others, or hurt, injure any person in any way;
- stand on seats in the spectator areas or unreasonably obstruct the view of Ticket Holders in any way, including standing in Stadium areas reserved for disabled spectators;
- climb structures and installations prohibited for general use, such as closed fences, walls, wire fences, barriers, light poles, camera platforms, trees, pools or roof tops;
- use clothing or other items to conceal the face or obstruct the person’s identity, other than mandatory face masks worn for health purposes, national and/or religious headwear;
- curse or chant in a political, offensive and/or discriminatory manner;
- act in an offensive or obscene manner by streaking, flashing, removing items of clothing or otherwise remain in a state of undress (including being shirtless) or reveal and/or expose intimate body parts or behaviour which is likely to offend the current standards of decency that members of the community presently uphold. For the avoidance of doubt, body tattoos and body paint do not constitute clothing.
- show noticeable signs of being under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or any narcotic substance.
- urinating in public place or any place other than a designated toilet, or litter in the Stadium by dropping objects such as trash, packaging, empty containers, etc.;
- smoke, vape or use any tobacco products as well as any electronic smoking device anywhere other than within outdoor designated smoking areas if they have been made available at the Stadium and otherwise provided that applicable medical protocols permit such activity;
- damage vegetation, gardens, landscaping, cultural or natural heritage sites;
- use devices that generate excessive noise or that interfere with the playing or viewing of football matches, excluding devices approved by the Event Organisers as being intended for expressing support for football teams and players;
- practise any other conduct or organise such that may interfere with the comfort, safety or enjoyment of the Competition for any other Ticket Holder, Accredited Person, player or Match official, or that may disrupt the sporting nature of the Competition;
- disrupt or interfere with the operation of Stadium utilities, including power supply, lighting (including emergency lighting), ventilation, water supply, sewerage, air conditioning or any other systems;
- secure/fix flags, banners or posters to surfaces of structures and installations at the Stadium, cover CCTV cameras or air conditioning systems, place flags, banners or posters on the pitch-side perimeter walls, or otherwise use flags for any reason other than in a festive and friendly manner. Upon the request of the Event Organisers, Ticket Holders must immediately remove, stop demonstrating and/or permit the confiscation of any flags, banners or posters;
- write, paint or post anything on structural elements, installations or passages;
- possess, use, display, disseminate, promote or transmit any materials (including but not limited to banners, flags, fliers, apparel and other paraphernalia) of a political, offensive and/or discriminatory nature, containing wording, symbols or any other attributes aimed at discrimination of any kind against a country, private person or group on account of race, skin colour, ethnic, national or social origin, gender, disability, language, religion, political opinion or any other opinion, birth, wealth or any other status, sexual orientation or any other grounds;
- sell or offer to sell any goods or Tickets, gather and/or distribute materials (including printed materials such as flyers, booklets and publications, advertising materials and apparel) or any objects whatsoever, raise funds or conduct other promotional or commercial activities without the prior written consent of FIFA (including demonstrating discernible brands or trademarks of legal entities or individuals for advertising purposes) nor conduct any other types of promotional or propaganda activities;
- solicit donations in cash or in kind (including but not limited to musicians, singers or collectors of charitable donations at the Stadium surroundings or on Stadium premises) without written authorisation from the Event Organisers;
- conduct any activities relating to gambling, betting or court siding, including wagering of money or value-in-kind on an event and/or Match with an uncertain outcome;
- conduct any activities related to predicting or attempting to predict sport results for financial gain;
- relay and/or transmit, via mobile or other devices, the live Match scores or any other activity related to the Competition or information about Match activities that is announced via the public address system and/or giant screens located within the Stadium;
- practise any other activities that may compromise public safety and/or harm the reputation of the Competition, as determined by the Event Organisers;
- take any photographs of any security personnel wearing uniforms.
- These lists of obligatory and prohibited actions are not exhaustive. The Event Organisers reserve the right to make a final decision on whether any behaviour within the Stadium is prohibited, which must be respected.
- Unless expressly authorised by the Event Organisers, where appropriate, in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions of their Accreditation, all persons entering, inside and exiting the Stadium must:
All accredited persons (categories below) may bring into any stadium or training site:
|Organisation FIFA / LOC
|Media Rights Licensees
|Host Broadcaster / HBS
5.1. Laptops, netbooks, iPads, smartphone chargers, power banks, card readers, car keys
5.2. Sunscreen, insect repellent (not in glass containers and under 100ml), makeup kit, hairspray, hair gel, aerosols, glass and plastic containers containing liquids and creams, perfumes
5.3. Food & beverages - food for personal use and 1 non-branded plastic bottle of non-alcoholic beverage maximum size 1 litre (1000ml).
- Large umbrellas
- Relevant “tools of the trade” to enable them to carry out their tournament role, including but not restricted to cameras, knives, cleaning chemicals, medicines;
- Professional broadcast and telecommunications equipment, including but not limited to, television cameras, lenses, tripods and other camera stand, jibes, grips and other apparatuses, headpieces, microphones, intercom panels, temporary lighting systems, cables, etc are allowed to be brought into the stadium by the Host Broadcaster/HBS personnel only;
*This stadium code of conduct is subject to change.